1.9.15

In the spotlight: August

First, I turned 31 and due to the stress of having to finish my summer course (the gods of Olympus) I couldn't really enjoy it. Upon completion I was left semi-scarred and stressed out (almost to the point of twitching every time I heard the word "Aphrodite" (still do)). Then, I got in some weird downsizing mood and did nothing but clean out stuff and watch movies until I was hit with the mother of all movie hangovers (i.e I wanted to watch everything/nothing, all at the same time). Finally, at the end of the month, everything turned around when I learned that I'd been accepted into university! Yaay! (also, credit goes to Inside Out, for bringing me out of my movie slump)

Inside out
This was amazing. Amazingly amazing. I'm gonna watch it in the cinema again on Saturday.    

Schindler's List
I felt the tears building up like a wave until I was struck with an explosive cry-attack that left even me stunned. You know, the kind where you have to laugh at yourself because you're crying/howling for 10 minutes?

The Age of Adaline
Oh, Blake Lively. How you impress me! <3

The Man from U.N.C.L.E
This was surprisingly good! The story itself wasn't really my cup of tea but the way it was shot/the humor/the acting really made up for it.


I was also able to check these off from my challenging 2015 list this month:

A movie with a one-word title: Avatar
A movie longer than 3 hours: Schindler's List 
A mystery or a thriller: Skyfall

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar